The NHS in England has recently published its interim People Plan, which sets out proposals for the future of the NHS workforce.
The focus is on creating a more positive and agile culture across NHS employers in England, and proposals include a new leadership development framework, better flexible working options and more flexibility on how pension contributions are accrued.
Developed in partnership with the British Medical Association, the Royal College of Nursing, managers and staff, the People Plan sets out how the NHS workforce will deliver on this vision and the immediate actions it needs to take.
The plan covers five key themes:
- Making the NHS the best place to work
- Improving leadership culture
- Addressing urgent workforce shortages in nursing
- Delivering 21st-century care
- A new operating model for the workforce
For more information on their plan, you can read the Personnel Today article here.