This workshop will enable delegates to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to apply key accessibility principles to a wide range of digital content including; documents, websites, emails, presentations, learning resources and social media posts.
- Focused on 8 key digital accessibility principles which will have a significant beneficial impact for customers, staff and organisations.
- Highly interactive and engaging with many hands on activities.
- Based on legal accessibility requirements but with a people centred approach.
By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Use contrast checkers to ensure text and background colour contrast ratios meet legal accessibility requirements.
- Avoid using colour alone to communicate meaning.
- Ensure hyperlinks are accessible.
- Use heading, list and table styles correctly for assistive technology users.
- Write effective text equivalents (alt text).
- Create captions using an automatic captioning tool.
- Explain why transcripts are a key accessibility requirement.
- Use readability tools to improve written resources.
Who Should Attend?
Digital accessibility is vitally important throughout an organisation. This workshop would benefit anyone who creates online content, or who is interested in finding out more about digital accessibility. It would particularly benefit people from:
- Professional services teams e.g. HR, Finance etc.
- Communications and marketing teams.
- L&D teams.
- IT and product development teams.
Due to limited space and likely high demand there will be a £50+VAT admin charge for cancellations received less than 5 working days prior to the event.